Update: 11:15 on Sunday 17/09/2023
Plymouth Badminton League Safeguarding Information:
The Plymouth Badminton League has appointed a Safeguarding Officer:
If anyone has any concerns regarding safeguarding Andy can be contacted confidentially via the following email address:
The following has been adapted from the Football Association’s resources by Tavyside Badminton and explains the differences between “Poor Practise” and “Safeguarding”.
Badminton England Safeguarding Information:
You have a responsibility to report any concern you may have regarding the welfare of a young person or vulnerable adult in badminton. There are a number of ways you can contact Badminton England.
If you believe an individual is in immediate danger please call the police. Please then notify Badminton England as soon as possible afterwards. For a referral form please click here, to report directly please complete the online referral form.
Badminton England Contacts:
- Email: email@example.com
- Safeguarding Manager: Victoria Brown, 01908 268470 / 07738890309
- Safeguarding Coordinator: Angela Toon, 01908 268470 / 07901005320
- Badminton England Head Poor Practice: 01908 268400
The Badminton England document below, entitled “Code of Ethics and Conduct”, should be used by everyone connected with the sport of badminton as guidance.
Local Safeguarding Information:
Below is the Safeguarding Information for the Plymouth City Council area. Clubs should also be aware that unitary authorities bordering the Plymouth City Council area:
- Torbay – (Link)
- Devon – covers all of Devon apart from the unitary authorities – (Link)
- Cornwall – (Link)
have their own Safeguarding teams and procedures.
Plymouth City Council Safeguarding Information:
If you are concerned about the safety of a child in Plymouth or want to speak to someone, or if you are a child worried about your own safety, you can contact the Plymouth City Council Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) by:
- MASH Contact Form: https://plymouthscb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/PSCP-MASH-Contact-Form-v2.1-April-2023.docx
- Telephone: 01752 668000 (or 01752 346984 out of hours)
If you are concerned with how an adult is working with a young person or people then the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) should be contacted:
- Contact Form: https://plymouthscb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Blank-Plymouth-LADO-referral-form-template-15.07.2013.docx
- Telephone: 01752 306340
- Email: LADO@plymouth.gov.uk